Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Happy Hermes Hermes...HERMES!!!

A little over a month left before I'm 50% done with law school!  I will always remember this semester as the semester when I became an H addict.  It was a good "getaway" from school but now I have to read, outline, read, outline, make flashcards, read, and outline.  Before I begin my journey into Finals Hell, heres that uber exciting Hermes post I promised.......

Heres adorable Olivia trying to steal the show (I tried getting Libby to do something cute for the camera but she wasn't as into the orange boxes as Olivia..typical): 

Photobucket


First, a few more bracelets.  These things are so damn addictive but I try to keep them towards the bottom of my list.  That way more can go towards the bigger investment pieces:

Gold blk on blk clic clac:

Photobucket


Blk lizard CDC with PHW

Photobucket
I wasn't sure if I was a fan at first.  Bulky and not really my style but the more I wear it, the more I love it.  I still want something with GHW but for now, this will do.

Next, agenda upgrade!  I was finding my regular Globetrotter to be somewhat of a pain.  I found myself constantly being paranoid abt the edges getting bent out of shape.  After some research, I decided it was time to upgrade to the zipper version.

Rose Shocking Globetrotter with zipper in Mysore leather:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Okay, I need a minute to gush abt the color.  I actually gasped out loud when I saw it for the first time.  SO freakin beautiful.  The absolute perfect fuchsia. I originally ordered this in some other color that turned out to be less than impressive in real life.  I asked my SA to go through the available colors with me again and after looking at swatches, I settled for Rose Shocking.  Probably the best decision I made that week.  Next, I need to gush abt the style.  Although its three times as much as the non-zip version, its money well spent.  Bc of the credit card slots and zipper compartment, it doubles as a wallet.  Now I dont have to worry abt the edges getting messed up AND I have more room in my purse bc  my agenda and wallet are now one.

Heres a comparison with my regular Globetrotter which I'm now using as a stay-at-home notebook:  

Photobucket


Photobucket


Next, something that has been on my list for as long as I (and all of you) can remember........

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

.......Say hello to my orange shoulder birkin with GHW in Togo leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

When I stopped by the boutique to pick up the zippered Globetrotter, I saw this for a fleeting second before it was quickly ushered into the backroom.  When I asked my SA abt it, she told me that unfortunately another customer has been waiting for it.  Too bad, so sad.  Five minutes later, I'm chatting with my CL SA when my  Hermes SA calls to tell me the customer just passed on the orange shoulder birkin so if I want it, its mine.  I screamed, ran back down, and proceeded to bounce around the Hermes boutique in pure joy.  Seriously love my shopping gods.  Orange was my first choice but I seriously thought I would end up with an orange Lindy before I would get anywhere near an orange birkin AND I had recently been playing around with the idea of taking my name off of the regular birkin list for the SBII list.  I guess my SBII and I were simply meant to be.

As the name suggests, the shoulder birkin is the regular birkin re-designed to be worn over your shoulders.  Hence the squatter body shape and longer handles.  The shoulder birkin was first designed by Jean Paul Gaultier in 2005 and introduced as the JPG birkin.  The style was eventually discontinued only to be re-released but is now simply known as the shoulder birkin or SBII for short.

A birkin purchase isn't complete without matching twillies:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Obviously, twillies are optional but I think they add character and they keep the handles clean.  

Heres my shoulder birkin's bed:

Photobucket

BTW, I'm not calling this her bed just cus I think its cute.  Hermes actually does recommend that all birkins remain rested inside the box with their pillow when not in use.  

Aaaand her raincoat: 

Photobucket


Photobucket

Okay, I'll admit, this is a bit obnoxious.  Esp cus I dont even own a raincoat for myself..........

As if all of that weren't enough, I got an unexpected call last week and found myself once again at my home away from home/the happiest place on earth aka my local Hermes boutique:

Photobucket

30cm Rouge Garance Lindy in Clemence leather (sorry for the crappy pics!):

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The very first time I met my SA, I told her I wanted a red Lindy.  I didn't think she would remember but apparently she did and made sure I got a chance to see this before anyone else.  Bless her.  The Lindy isn't for everyone but I've loved this style ever since it was first introduced in 2007.  I love the slouchy shape and its casual design.  A little bit of understated luxury for your everyday :)  

I still have a few must-have items on my H-list but for now, must focus 200% on school.  I have a million things I want to blog abt but we'll see if I can actually get to them during my study breaks.  Speaking of which...it took me over an hour to draft this post!!  Back to reading I go.....

13 comments:

Bombchell said...

omg LOVE IT!! so happy for u.

Heather said...

OMG!!! amazing haul!! the birkin is amazing but i especially love the lindy. congrats, you might have to change your blogspot name now ;-) ~ moshi_moshi

Michael St. James said...

LOVE the blk lizard CDC with PHW.

Thy said...

Ahhh! I didn't even know about your other purchases! Can't wait to see it on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

oh my GOD! LOVE IT!

cheeky_deb said...

i've been waiting for this post! can't wait to see all of these in person...i miss my shopping buddy :p

sanaa London said...

love love, good luck with your studies. Sanaa

karen said...

amazing hermes haul... just purchased my first clic clac! do you have an ebay account or have you considered starting a shop to sell some things to make room for new ones?

you have some amazing items in your collection and if you did have a shop, i would love to buy some of these items!

Lisa said...

OHHH congrats on your amazeballs Hermes haul!! the orange shoulder birkin is crazy gorgeous!!

i was going through your blog because i was drooling over your CL collection and i realize we have mutual friends.. i was at I & D's wedding hahah! small world!

cacah said...

wow! finally! so happy for you <3

NAA said...

I'm loving your hermes haul. Especially the hermes shoulder birkin. I'm 'orange' in envy!

Anonymous said...

Will you be updating your blog anytime soon? It's been a long time and I look forward to reading your posts!

Life's a shoe said...

so gorgeous! wish I could afford an hermes bag!