Sunday, April 6, 2008

Out of Shape?

One can buy all the nice things in the world but lets face it, too many fat rolls can ruin just about any outfit out there :P Now in no way am I suggesting we all adopt a eating disorder and get down to 80 pounds but likewise, eating till you physically can't eat anymore is not exactly what I would call healthy. Everyone should figure out a balance between indulgence and healthy self-control. Yes, all body shapes and sizes are beautiful in their own way but a little exercise and portion control can't hurt anyone! I have to admit, it took gaining the entire Freshman 15 to motivate me to get on the treadmill but better late than never :) Before you start exercising, might I recommend the perfect workout outfit?? I used to throw on my old high school track pants and a white tank top but I have since fallen in love with Under Armour and I suggest ya'll try it too.

The Under Armour HeatGear T is wonderful for keeping everything in place and absorbing sweat. It comes in different color combos and its tight-fit will highlight your body's sexy curves!

The HeatGear Shaper Bra is GREAT at preventing too much jiggle and like the T, does a good job of absorbing sweat.
HeartGear Capri Pants. While I have to admit, my capri workout pants are Nike, I imagine these Under Armour pants to be just as good. For workouts, I like to stick to capri pants since it takes away having to worry about stepping on your pants as you sweat those calories away.

While Asics is not Under Armour, these are probably the lightest and most comfortable shoes you could ever hope to find. I slaved away in New Balances for 2 years before finally taking Kent's advice and bought myself some Asics. I remember running in them and feeling as if I was flying...yes, they are THAT good!

Now you can go out, work up a sweat, AND look good while doing it!


**PS: In Libby's defense, the above picture was taken at a bad angle!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwww libby....... so cute....

jane said...

libby is a great model for relaxation. just looking at her makes me not wanna move from my seat too

Purse Addict said...

Hahhaah...yea thats why its usually hard for me to get up in the mornings ...

cheeky_deb said...

I really need to try on those Asics. Arash has been trying to convince me for years to get them. I heart my pair of New Balance but I'm taking this as a sign that it's time to move on to Asics. Thanks JJ.

Purse Addict said...

After you buy a pair of Asics...you will wonder why in the world you had those New Balances for all those years! BTW...lets go buy bikes soon!!! Kent is starting to bike again and I figure we could look cute lagging behind him, enjoying the ocean breeze on our pink bikes :)

sumnboutme said...

ooohh....i want a pink beach cruiser...hahaha. funny that i was thinking about buying a bike on the way home (i saw this really hot guy riding his bike in my 'hood) and i came upon your post...i swear you and i read each other's minds without knowing it

IZZIE said...

Awww libby looks sooo cute. You should have a before and after shot. lol

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean by "the right outfit". I broke my arm while snowboarding (duuh)this past winter and for 3 months the couch, TV and fridge were my best buddies. So needless to say I was not able to exercise at all. The first two months weren't bad at all, but on the third month I noticed that I had a belly (I am the type of girl who has a body all women envy and men turn their heads when I would pass by wearing heels). The belly fat is truly disturbing since I've never had it before. Oh, did I mention I'm a job seeker with a grad degree and cannot find a job for the love of god!! I am usually an optimistic person and do not go down this easily but the situation is not getting any brighter and it's really hard to stay positive. While browsing for jobs I wandered off to look at shoes and somehow bumped into your blog. Great shoe collection (I'm a shoe person too)I love how you took 2 shots for evry pair. I would love to see how you would match the shoes with your bags and also clothes. I hope I find a job very soon so that I can buy my first pair of CLs... I stopped going into stores on purpose so that I'm not reminded of the fact that I can afford zero for now. I have to stay positive and maybe get a cheap UnderArmour T-shirt so that I can exercise.