**April 18, 2010 - New and improved version.
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say every Asian girl has had a lifelong battle with their cursed straight eyelashes. For us, ordinary eyelash curlers and mascaras just don't cut it. Over the years, I have tried just about everything and this is what works for me.
Starting from the left, we have the famous Shu Uemura eyelash curler, mascara base by Shiseido, heated eyelash curler from Sephora, mascara of your choice (as long as it doesn't clump, you're good to go), and Sephora eyelash comb.
Although time consuming, the end result is absolutely worth it. Take notes ladies 'cus this method really works!
1. Begin by turning on your heated eyelash curler (I use the one from Sephora but really any brand should work just fine). The hotter the better so give it some time to warm up.
2. Using the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, tightly curl eyelashes for 5-10 seconds. Repeat as needed.
3. Once you've achieved the desired curliness, apply 3 coats of the Shiseido mascara base.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to the other eye.
5. Apply 3 coats of mascara to each eye.
6. Curl each side again for 5-10 seconds with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
7. Go over your eyelashes with the heated eyelash curler. This will curl any stubborn lashes that the Shu Uemura curler wasn't able to get, it will also melt away clumps.
8. Use the eyelash comb to separate any eyelashes that are sticking to one another.
9. Go out and enjoy your curly eyelashes :)