Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bottega Veneta Woven Trapezoidal Hobo

The Bottega Veneta slogan says it all: "When your own initials are enough" . The BV classic and simple weave pattern puts monogram logo bags to shame. Bottega has made it a strict policy to never rely on trendy fashion fads to stay on top; they understand that good quality and craftsmanship are enough. Most BV bags are as simple as simple come. You won't find any dangling charms or random pieces of leather hanging off of these bags. Bottega offers their classic colors white (I'm not sure what the BV term for white is and I'm also unsure if white is only a classic summer color...), black (aka Nero), and dark brown (aka Ebano) year round and comes out with limited seasonal colors that usually sell out before the season has even begun. I was lucky enough to snatch this pretty Bottega at Saks the day that I gave up the Nuti ostrich bags. I remember I asked Chuck what the new colors were and he pointed out this bag, immediately I grabbed it before anyone else could even think about coming over to my territory. The interior of the bag is lined with beige suede and there is a magnetic closure hidden on the flaps. The more you use this bag, the softer the leather gets and I fall more in love each day. I also take great pride in owning this in-demand grey color because apparently it sold out within the a week of my purchase! Not only is grey the IT color of this season but this particular shade of grey is unique in that its almost a blue shade of grey. If you ever do see this bag in this same color, please let me or SY know 'cus she's been looking for this bag everywhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bv bags are so classic..