Thursday, September 6, 2007

Nuti Sevillana Ostrich


A few weeks ago I was at Saks for the sole purpose of finding out if they had the Tom Ford's in black when I accidentally wandered into the handbags section of the store. I was looking at the YSL handbags when I happened to glance up and see this beautiful ostrich bag dangling off of a mannequin. I gracefully ran over, grabbed the bag, and began posing in front of a mirror with it. When I realized I was in love, I looked for the price tag and was absolutely shocked to find that it did not cost an arm and a leg like most ostrich handbags do. Then I began to wonder if this was even real ostrich because I just couldn't get it through my head that I had found an ostrich bag at such a reasonable price. I found a SA and asked him if the Nuti purse was real and he assured me that Nuti specializes in making REAL ostrich handbags. He also politely informed me that the bag I was holding was on sale for 70% off. I calmly looked at him and asked if he had another one that was not on display since I am against purchasing display items. He managed to dig up one that was tucked away in the drawers. However, upon inspecting the bag I realized it was completely dirty. There were numerous markings from I don't even know what on there. The display was no better. Chuck could tell I was disappointed and so he quickly assured me that if I buy the bag, he'll have it sent out to be cleaned. In the end, I had just couldn't bring myself to pay money for a bag that was already somewhat damaged even though it was being offered to me at a once in a lifetime sorta deal. In order to move on from this ordeal, I've been telling myself over and over again "OSTRICH BAGS LOOK NASTY, YOU DO NOT LIKE NOR WANT A BAG MADE FROM OSTRICH!!!!!!" However, I'd be more than happy to accept one as a gift :)

No comments: