Friday, September 7, 2007

Chloe Lambskin Bay Bag

I've never really been a big fan of Chloe and never really completely understood the fascination people had with the Paddington (although I have warmed up to it a bit more). However, I am not one to turn down handbag sales and so when DZ invited me to join her for the Chloe BDB sale, I quickly accepted the offer. We rushed over to the BDB office and was led into a disappointing room with various old styles from Chloe. Sure they were cheap but these bags were no where near what we had been anticipating. We spent a total of 10 minutes at the sale but left feeling determined. Determined to spend our hard earned cash elsewhere or in DZ's case, the $500 gift certificate she just received from her boss. We stopped by my beloved Barney's where we first determined that I was going to put Balenciaga behind me once and for all then we went to check if they had the YSL Maryjanes in my size. Sadly, those darn shoes are sold out everywhere (stupid size 9 people, shoes are always available in your size!!). Unfazed, we marched steadily over to Saks where I began trying on every bag in sight. We ran into Chuck who sold me my Bottega and he delivered the bad news: some stupid SA got wind of the two Nuti ostrich bags that he had been trying to clean for me and bought both of them. Its okay, I'm not angry, the stupid lady can have those dirty bags for all I care. My recovery time was almost instaneous because by then I had already laid eyes on the Chloe Bay bag. DZ and I both sighed in contentment as I tried the bag on and realized I had found a new friend. This bag definitely looks better on the shoulder than on display so to really appreciate it, you have to see it on someone else. The leather is distressed lambskin which gives it a sort of worn out look and I absolutely love the beige color. DZ also didn't go home empty handed. Today she bought her very first Louboutin!!!!! She decided to go for the Black Patent Activa shoe which both JK and I purchased during the Barney's summer sale back in May. She'll look extra sexy with those on at work...muahahahahahha :)

No comments: