Wednesday, September 5, 2007

YSL Medium Downtown in Metallic Silver


*Sigh* This blog just wouldn't be complete without an entry dedicated to the YSL Downtown. The large is stupid big and the small is stupid tiny. The "medium" is reasonable compared to the large size but would be considered big by normal purse standards. YSL really went to extremes with the sizes; the large will fit your whole closet and you'll be lucky if you can fit your cell phone into the small. I was going to hold off on writing about the Downtown until I came across an absolutely beautiful picture of Halle Berry with her silver Downtown on perezhilton.com. While staring at the picture this morning, I couldn't decide what was more stunning, Halle or her purse.
My love affair with the Downtown started back towards the beginning of this year, I fell in love with its unique shape, the two parallel zippers in the front, and the amazing colors it comes in. Before I bought my peach soft chain Chanel, I came this close to buying the Downtown in white. Since choosing Coco over Yves, I've tried this baby on many different times and sadly began to realize just how ridiculously big this bag is. Granted stores stuff the bags with tons of tissue paper in order to present the shape in its entirety...this bag is still just too big. I've seen two or three people with this bag and each sighting only confirmed that the size is unreasonable. Unless you carry a whole lotta crap with you everywhere, the bag will end up looking like a floppy deflated balloon. And depending on how tall you are, the bag could very well end up looking half as big as you. Sure it comes in a rich, deep purple and forest green, sure the metallic silver looks beautiful on Halle, and who could forget Jessica Biel's white version? But I really can't rationalize how odd I'll look dragging this ginormous fashion statement around...
BTW...don't even think about the small version...you'll end up looking like a full grown woman sporting a toy purse...yes, its THAT small...

No comments: