Monday, September 3, 2007

First Entry!


After months of browsing through other people's blogs, I finally decided to create my own. I want to use this space to share with others my love for all things designer. My addiction started when I purchased my first designer handbag about five years ago and my love has grown exponentially over the years. This being my first blog since my try at Xanga, it'll take some time before I'm on par with the rest of the bloggers out there but hopefully I'll be able to amp up this blog soon with lots and lots of pretty pictures for ya'll to oogle over :)
I think for my first entry I'll whine about my love/hate relationship with Balenciaga. A couple months ago, I rushed over to Barney's during my lunch break with the intent of purchasing the Giant Weekender in this gorgeous blue leather. I had had my eye on this bag after seeing photos of Fergie carrying the black version all over town. However, upon inspecting the bag in person, I was a little underwhelmed to say the least. Besides the fact that this "handbag" really should be considered luggage, I found the signature bolts a bit on the tacky side. In pictures, the bolts look timid but in actuality they're HUGE. I tried different angles with the bag but in the end had to come to the painful admission that I just wasn't crazy about the bag. Although I don't regret not purchasing the bag, I am annoyed that it still catches my eye when I see it on other people or in pictures. Unlike my breakup with the YSL downtown bag, I just can't seem to put this one behind me. For now it will remain as a "I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were on sale" bag.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i saw christina aguilera with a white balenciaga and it was really cute..

Unknown said...

don't get this bag...... move on.

its not worth it.