Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hello Kitty


Okay admit it, back when you were in high school, one of the coolest places to be seen at was Sanrio. I remember when the Sanrio store first opened at Hillsdale, it was the hippest place to be. Although I no longer pass time by browsing through the pretty stationary and taking pictures at those Sanrio picture machines, my heart will always have a soft spot for Hello Kitty and friends :) Neimans started carrying the Kimora Lee Simmons (the fabulously obnoxious ex-model who married and divorced the hip hop gold mine also known as Russell Simmons) Hello Kitty jewelry collection a few years back and I've always secretly loved this collection. The only problem is, I just can't justify spending so much money on a diamond studded cartoon cat. Sure it would look cute now but when I'm 40, will I really wear my Hello Kitty diamond necklace to the next big party? Lets hope the answer will be NO! Perhaps in the future, I can spoil my daughter with one at an young age so that she can wear it on her pretty little neck all throughout her childhood, teen years, and early 20s :P The collection also includes rings, bracelets, zodiac sign pendants, and even watches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was one of those girls who can never walk into Sanrio and walk out empty handed.. I'm glad to say that I'm over that phase now.. although, I do have a Hello Kitty CD case I carry in my car but I have it hidden in a secret place, hehe..

Unknown said...

awww that one is way cute than the one i got you. hahahahah

well obviously..... we know why.