Monday, January 11, 2010

Alexa, Shes Here!!


Not the person, the bag!! Today marked the release of Mulberry's highly anticipated Alexa and I'm in serious need of some Oak in my life. The over-sized version is not yet available online but judging by pictures, I think the regular-sized version should be just fine. I need to do some more research though since the Melrose boutique is now closed. Ideally I would want to try this on before I get it. Or another option would be to try on the PS1 and PS2 since I'm sorta torn between Mulberry and Proenza...

8 comments:

Fasshionxenophile said...

OMG, that's must be coincident .... I mean I was thinking about a BROWN bag.... or a YELLOW bag these past weeks. But well, I never saw Alexa in person so i couldn't justify if I will like it just from the pic. :) Hum.. maybe I will like it after YOU carry it!!! :)

Purse Addict said...

Yea, thats how I feel too - I like the way it looks in pictures but I'm just not sure if thats enough for me to actually go out and get one :P I'm not one for brown or neutral colors but I LOVE the Alexa in Oak!

BTW - the Alexa also comes in this pretty yellow color and this dark blue (Ink)...

Heather said...

i love that alexa bag.... i almost bought a bayswater a while back but this bag is so much better. i would definitely want to try it on first though....any idea of the retail?

Purse Addict said...

$1200ish!!! So its just a tad cheaper than the PS1 :)

cheeky_deb said...

i like the Alexa more than the Proenza Schouler one....but honestly, it doesn't seem to fit your style... :)

Purse Addict said...

Yea, I'm leaning towards the Alexa too...

lilmissb said...

Cute bag! Reminds slightly of a muse II though with the closing flap, latch & front straps. Do like the shoulder strap though which is something the M2 is missing.

Purse Addict said...

T - I was on the Mulberry forum today and I HATE the lining in the Alexa bags!!! A lot of the girls were also complaining that the leather isnt as good as the Bays. I think for now, I'll wait and see if Mulberry updates the line to fix the points that consumers are uphappy over..