Happy New Year!!! Hope you all had a fun and safe time saying good-bye to 2009 :) I opted to stay in and help with the unpacking. Its been about a week since the move and the new house is slowly but surely coming together. We still have TONS of boxes to unpack in the garage...probably wont be completely done with the unpacking for another 2 weeks or so. In any case, wanted to share some pictures that I took during and after the move:
My cats and I were the first ones to arrive on moving day - I wanted to get them situated since they're pretty big wusses when it comes to strangers and loud noise:
Yup, thats right, they stayed in the bathtub while the movers were going in and out with the furniture :P Olivia was actually shaking at first but after a few hours, hardly noticed the noise. They now have a weird attachment to that bathtub...
First to arrive and first to settle in, heres Libby lounging in my bed:
(BTW, I didn't make her pose for this picture - she actually crawls into my bed every day for her afternoon nap!)
I also decided that Libby and Olivia would get their very own bathroom in the new house :) Yup, I know, I'm crazy:
Okay, enough gushing over my cats. Our new neighbors are all super duper sweet. Probably the nicest we've ever had the privilege of living next to - almost every one of them have come over to welcome us to the neighborhood and one couple actually brought over home-made cookies!
I could probably live inside my parents' bathroom. Here's a peek at their sexy shower:
His and her shower-heads and that ledge you see off to the left is actually a place to sit...while you shower...
Some random pictures I took of my room:
(I make fun of LV a lot on this blog but this handy dandy Speedy is my go-to bag for weekend trips, rainy days, and moving!)
(My reading lamp from I dont even know when. Besides shopping, I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. Books are basically spilling out from our house...my parents kept ALL of my books from elementary school and on, add to that their own books, AND my brother's books....)
(Whenever friends ask me what I want for my bday or Christmas I always say "I like random, little things". I'm a big sucker for miniature models of food...actually, miniature anything is good by me.)
Some random pictures of the living room and dining room:
(I have 10 years worth of bad memories with this piano. I was tortured for 10 years!!!! I finally called it quits just a few weeks before my final Certificate of Merit test. )
(We're true pack-rats. My brother made this when he was in elementary school and my parents still proudly display it...and its still all intact!)
And finally, updated pictures of my Twiggy and Studs :)
I tried taking pictures of my closets but I need new lenses (for a wider zoom)!!! Since they're about $800+ and I'm no expert in photography, the closet pictures might have to wait. Sorry :(
2009 was an incredible year for me. It started off slow and actually got a bit depressing towards late spring/early summer. Things took a turn for the better around late summer and I'm just amazed at all the different things that I can lay claim to for 2009:
1. Realized I would rather be single than to spend time dating just for the hell of it. LA is really not the place to be to find eligible bachelors. And plus, DZ dreamt that I was engaged to a Jewish lawyer named Daniel :D
2. Learned to take work for what it is...a job, nothing personal, get it done and get it done well.
3. Had an inkling of an idea for what would become my "Big Project" in May and so far I've gotten 7 positive responses and hoping there's even more to come!
4. Moved home after living by myself for five years. Realized that I had been missing out big time.
5. Thanks to my wonderful parents, became a home owner.
6. One of my bestest and oldest friends got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid!!!
7. Added many, many, many new items to my closet :) And getting to share everything with all of you! Thank you for giving some of your time to my little blog...
2010 is going to be year filled with some big changes for me. Can't wait and of course, you will all be along for the ride ^.^ Okay, before I actually start crying, I think I should probably just stop typing...
*BTW: most of the places you see in the above pictures now look completely different and will probably continue to morph over the next few weeks...