Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh Heck, The Ban Is Off...Dont Shake Your Head At Me!!!

Okay, I give up. I'm not going to run my mouth and go on and on about bans until whenever because apparently I'm not very good at following my own instructions. What can I say? I have a very expensive addiction. A addiction thats been a little out of control for the past month. I will make an effort to curb my urges but I'm no longer promising any more bans cus I just end up looking like a retard :P My python Loubs were suppose to be my absolute last purchase until June buuuuuuuuuuuuut how the heck am I suppose to say no to the Chanel MJs I've been dreaming about since October 2008??!?? As it turns out, I dont say no, I say hell to the Y E A A A H!!!!





I immediately lit up when I saw the package at work and I havent been able to stop smiling :D

I was showing my friend DL these shoes and he asked why they were called mary janes. Good question. I did some research and if you're wondering (via Wikipedia):

"Mary Jane was a character created by Richard Outcault for his comic strip, Buster Brown, which was first published in 1902. She was the sister of the title character, Buster Brown.

In 1904, Outcault travelled to the St. Louis World's Fair and sold licenses to up to 200 companies to use the Buster Brown characters to advertise their products. Among them was the Brown Shoe Company, who later hired actors to tour the country, performing as the Buster Brown characters in theaters and stores. This strategy helped the Brown Shoe Company become the most prominently associated brand with the Buster Brown characters. The style of shoe Buster Brown's sister wore came to be known by her name, Mary Jane."

No comments: