Friday, December 14, 2007

Lindsey Lohan Does Us Proud (For Once...)


I think Lindsey is sporting just about every trend thats hot right now in this one outfit. Shes got the dark, oversized sunglasses, the "I dont' care what my hair looks" like ponytail, the tight leather jacket, the wide-leg jeans, and a cute belt. Lets dissect her outfit, shall we?!

1. The hair: Back when I was in middle school, there was nothing cooler than having your hair in a perfect ponytail. I'm talking no fly-aways, no bumps, no nothing. Just a pristine ponytail. Nowadays, more and more people are going for that messy hair look. Its always nice to have a few strands loose on the sides, I think it communicates the "I didn't spend an hour doing my hair and I still look fabulous" message :)
2. The sunglasses: This is a look made famous by Nicole Richie and widely copied by girls everywhere. I think just about everyone I know has a pair of oversized sunglasses. I remember once reading an interview where Posh said her secret to looking good at all times is simply having her big Chanel sunglasses on. Its true! With dark sunglasses on, you can leave the house with no make-up on and still look great.
3. The jacket: I will forever be somewhat scarred from high school...seeing all those Asian boys with their leather jackets on every single damn day of the year really made the leather jacket not so appealing to me. I still think leather jackets are hard to pull off cus they can easily look cheesy; however, with its come back in the fashion world, there are some decent cropped ones out there. Mike&Chris is famous for their leather jackets but I still haven't found one thats really to die for. I must say though, Lindsey looks great in hers!
4. The jeans: Can I just say, I absolutely love wide-leg jeans?! I've never really been particularly fond of my legs so to have jeans that hide the shape of my legs is a blessing from the heavens above! Some people might think the wide shape makes you look fatter but actually I think wide-leg pants make people's legs look longer. The key to wide-leg jeans is the tailoring. You must have them tailored perfectly to your height. They shouldn't drag on the floors but they also need to be long enough to cover your feet! When you go in to get them tailored, bring the pair shoes that you will most likely wear with the pants so you can get an accurate idea of how long they should be.
5. The belt: Belts can make or break an outfit. Investing in a good belt is crucial. I've been wanting the Hermes logo belt for a while and as of this week, its officially on my "MUST HAVE NOW" list! I would go for one with a silver buckle since my YSL belt is with a gold buckle. Last time I was at the Hermes in SF, I noticed that the belts are sold with the buckles separately. Don't know if thats always the case but either way, it'll cost you plenty of pretty pennies but it'll be so worth it!!

4 comments:

jane said...

i love widelegged pants in general. they do make ur legs look longer, as long as u wear heels with them and such. nice recap of the azn teenyboppers sporting the leather jackets haha.

cheeky_deb said...

lol, u misspelled her name...hahahahah...

Purse Addict said...

PuHAHAHAHAHAH...thanx spelling Nazi :P

Unknown said...

YAY!