Monday, July 7, 2008

The REAL Star of the Movie...

Okay so I'm a late-bloomer. It took me a little over a month to finally get my butt into a movie theater to watch SATC but I finally did it this weekend. Overll, I enjoyed the movie (even got teary-eyed at parts :P) but felt like the label-dropping was a bit tacky. The original series made numerous labels that much more coveted not because the four gals were constantly talking about labels but because they wore them nonchalantly with class. I guess they had the pressure of sponsorship on them. Anyhow. Before watching the movie, I had noticed numerous blogs and forums talking about the famous blue satin Manolos. Those were nice but dontcha think the real star of the movie were none other than these Dior Extreme Cutout Sandals??

Sure they dont have as much sentimental value as the Manolos but these Carrie wore these shoes with numerous outfits throughout the movie and I think I even saw Samantha wearing them at one point. In a movie where it seemed like the stylists pretty much had full blown cases of ADD, I think it speaks volumes that these shoes were one of the few recurring pieces throughout the movie :)

No comments: