Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Marc Jacobs Reverse Heel

I'm sure you have all seen this hilarious ad from Marc Jacobs by now and yes, its quirky, funny, eye-catching, yada, yada, yada. But this blog isn't about photography so lets take a moment to look at Posh's shoes! The reverse heel isn't everyones cup of tea but I have to say, this version is adorable. Love the simple pink and black combo. All other versions of the reverse heel seem to feature bright highlighter colors which begs the question, where in the hell would bright neon shoes be appropriate?! This cute color scheme is much more practical and dare I say, wearable!! I would almost consider hunting these shoes down but I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared for all the "What the hell is she wearing" looks I'll be getting from less fashion savvy folks or the "OMG, SHE ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE REVERSE HEEL" look from people who know a thing or two about MJ. I will be honest and admit, I'm dying to find out what it feels like to walk in these funky shoes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more..
When I saw the ad.. I wasn't exactly sure what were on Posh's feet.. it's def quirky but i would try them on, just to see..

Unknown said...

i didn't even know it was posh's feet to begin with! :O

Elia Gevore said...

This is a bajillion years late. And I have no idea if you actually bought them or not (i hope you did).

But if you didn't... I tried them on and they were SO COMFY. And no different than walking in regular heels.

Right now I'm on the hunt for these in a size 8 to 9 for my best friend who fell in love with them and regrets the day she decided not to buy them. I just happened upon this in my search! Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Purse Addict said...

Hi Gabrielle,

Better late than never! I did end up trying the reverse heels and they were comfy but sadly the MJ store on Melrose only had a size 6 left so I never ended up getting them.