Friday, February 8, 2008

La Maison Goyard

So apparently Goyard is slated to be the next LV in America...even though its been around longer than LV. Both brands were founded in Paris in the 1850s and became famous for their trunks. And today, both offer consumers obnoxiously monogrammed items!! Perhaps sarcasm doesn't go over so well on blogs but people...lay off the Goyard! Ugh...the first time I saw Goyard at BNY, my first thought was...what kinda ugly ass bags are those?! The only thing "cool" about Goyard is the fact that its the oldest trunk-making company in the world. Besides that, can you please tell me what is attractive about these bags?! I mean okay, alot of designers put out monogrammed stuff but lets be real, Goyard has one of the ugliest monograms out there! And just like LV, these bags are canvas bags so I'm not really sure where the "quality" comes from. Alot of people argue that the styles Goyard offers are very versatile but personally versatility ain't enough to sway my vote.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

who the what?? never heard of him...

cheeky_deb said...

i know people who are die-hard Goyard fans...i'm not a big fan but their trunks are gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

I think I love you! Both brands are so crass and are for folk who want others to think they have money. The plainer LV,s are fine but those monograms are so tacky.