Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Addiction to Shopping

Its no secret that I'm addicted to shopping. I've always known this but as I was trying to sleep last night, I realized just how much of an addict I've become. For example, in the past 3 weeks, I've scored 6 pairs of shoes (Saks, BNY, YSL), 1 handbag (YSL), 1 pair of sunglasses (BDB), and lots of new clothes (BDB, H&M, Revolve, Gilt). By normal standards, my thirst for more new stuff should be somewhat quenched. But nope, last night I found myself bored with my closet and trying to figure out what I wanted to buy next. Ridiculous, I know. Its not that I dont love and appreciate what I have, its just that I crave the initial excitement of finding and buying something new (the giddiness of finding something new, the joy of trying it on, and the satisfaction of taking it home). There was a time when I was able to find relief after a good shopping spree and could wait months before my next splurge. Nowadays, its more like 2 weeks and I'm dying for more. Shopping brightens up just about every bad mood but I realize its time I become a bit more grounded. I dont have to have everything I see, even if I want to have everything I see :P I realize I'm just blabbering pointlessly right now but I honestly do miss the good ole days when the shopping bug would hit me once every couple of months. I've tried telling myself I dont want anything right now but lying never gets you far. I've tried putting myself on "probation" but I always managed to sneak in purchases. My dad tried making me pay for my own bills but I somehow always manage to get away with small splurges. I've tried splurging for the sake of getting it over with but ended up with nothing but a brand new wish list. If this continues...will one of you call Oprah or Dr. Phil for me?? Thanks!! No but seriously...I need help...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

was this entry written BEFORE or AFTER you were considering the dior bags?

Purse Addict said...

before...i know, i know...