Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Christian Louboutin Thigh-high Boots

I've been meaning to blog about these sexy boots for a while but today I got really motivated after seeing them on J.Lo. Thigh-high boots in general are eye catching but these suede Louboutin's are a step above the norm. These have a reasonably sexy heel height, has the platform height to go along with the heel height, and on J.Lo, they have sort of a slouchy appearance but that might vary depending on the size of your legs :P I also just love suede in general...I know a lot people complain that suede gets dirty really fast but I haven't really had a problem with it. Thigh-high boots will probably get more popular with time and I'm sure more affordable designers will catch-up soon. Of course, the tricky thing about thigh-high boots is picking outfits to go along with it. What you wear should be short enough to show-off your boots but not so short that you'll look like a Vegas go-go dancer.
These boots are designed to go 3-4 inches above your knee so plan out dresses that will be no more than 5-6 inches above your knee. Good thing the whole baby-doll/mod thing is in right now...you should have no problem finding stuff to fit this criteria. And if you're ultra conservative, you can also work the boots with either a short, cropped jacket, or a long coat that is the same length as the dress you have on underneath. Stuff to stay away from are those bouncy "can you see my booty" skirts that were in a few years ago...bad, bad time for fashion but its all in the past now and lets work to keep it that way!

3 comments:

cheeky_deb said...

i was just about to blog about these...hahahah...

Unknown said...

Wow..

I have similar ones although I'm not sure if they were meant to be thigh high boots or they happen to be just on me.. They are Michael Kors Jersey Stiletto Boots and they go over my knees 2-3 inches.

Unknown said...

they make your legs look longer toooooooooooooooooo. :)

my co worker who used to be a buyer for neimans has these awesome boots like that.