Thursday, October 25, 2007

Impromptu Barney's Trip

I have a meeting with China in about 10 minutes but I think I can squeeze in a quick post!

Okay so this morning I woke up and my whole body felt weak so I called and was able to take the first half of the day off :) But of course, I realized I was still strong enough to tough it out at Barneys and so I hurried over to take a quick peek at the Givenchy Two-Tone Shopper and Lanvin Patent Kansas. First things first, the purple patent Lavnin Kansas shown below must've been shot in GREAT lighting because the real thing is this DARK, DARK purple thats basically black. The only difference between the black patent Kansas and the "purple" patent Kansas is the trimming. The black patent is black on black whereas the "purple" patent has brown trimming. I was very close to buying the black patent Kansas since it is a very cute shoulder bag but 1. didn't like the SA at all and 2. wanted to go check out what was available at Saks.

I was also able to check out the Givenchy Two-Tone Shopper shown in the picture above. DZ and I both kinda, sorta liked this bag...the stark color contrast is very eye-catching and the bag has sort of a funky appeal to it. However, in person this bag is kinda like a overpriced, slouchy leather beach bag with really awkward handles. It looks real ugly on your shoulders and is way too big to dangle off of your arms. I really would like to find out the "correct" way of sporting this bag cus I tried many different positions but none looked right...

Check back later for a MUCH more exciting update :)