Monday, October 8, 2007

YSL Neck Warmer Thingy..

I'm feeling really cold right now and this thing never looked so good. Okay you might be asking, what thing?! This fabulous picture from the YSL runway show displays not only a super cute grey dress that would seriously go great with my YSL black platforms (this grey might be my new favorite color...), but also a very unique winter accessory that I never knew even existed until a few weeks ago. That bulgy thing on this skinny girl's neck is a YSL neck warmer thingy...lol, okay so thats not the technical name for it and more like my descriptive name for it but you get the idea! I honestly wouldn't pair this up with the flowy grey dress but what do I know right? A couple weekends ago when DZ and I were waiting for the YSL SA at the YSL boutique, I stumbled upon the neck warmer and thought it would be fun to try on; we discovered that its actually really cute! Since my dad instructed me not to waste money on useless things and spending $500 on a neck warmer would fall into the category of useless things, I decided to take it off before I fell too deeply in love. If you have $500 to spare, go try one on and let me borrow it if you do end up purchasing it!! I haven't been able to decide which outfits this would work with but if I come up with enough outfits, it just might be reason enough to make the purchase myself :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah that neck warmer this is kinda cute. but i have a feeling i would be made fun of w/ that thing on. sf is not ready for it. hahaha

cheeky_deb said...

i def think it's cute but it's not worth $500+...

Unknown said...

I'm not really crazy about anything that goes around my neck for some reason (jewelry is an exception though). I feel really trapped. So u probably won't ever see me wearing a turtleneck. But I don't mind fur (hehe) or Burberry cashmere scarves as much though but maybe it's because I have the comfort of knowing I can take them off anytime I want. In anycase, I don't have $500 to spare. But I really like your Missoni scarf. I haven't seen it yet but I know I will.

Unknown said...

The cutest neck warmer I've seen is the YumYum by TDM Design. It' 100% cashmere and not bulky but has a great small basketweave design. See pictures of it at http://www.tdmdesigninc.com/index_files/CashmereDetail.htm

Through My Eyes said...

Sorry babe, I vote no on the neck warmer...but maybe you can get your money's worth and slip it on as a skirt, very hoochie super short skirt, but nevertheless, a fab knit skirt ;) throw some tights on and slouchy boots and your set!! they'd never know it was a weird neck thingy, hhehe

Purse Addict said...

LOL...thanks for the advice Linh but too bad it comes with a hood...that'll look a little odd dontcha think?! Hehehehehe...check back tomorrow for a farewell blog dedicated to you <3