Thursday, October 25, 2007

White Jumbo Chanel Original Classic 2.55

I'm so glad I used my good sense and decided to check out Saks before buying the Lanvin Kansas from Barneys because lookie what I ended up getting!! I finally have my hot little hands on my very own Chanel Original Classic 2.55. This is the same exact bag that I got my mom for Mother's Day only hers is black with gold. As you all know by now, Chanel is raising the prices for all Classic bags by about 20% on November 1, 2007. This means my bag will be worth $400 more by next Thursday...so in the event my dad yells at me for buying yet another purse, I can proudly let him know I saved him $400 with my purchase :) I had been contemplating the medium size since the jumbo is on the biiig side but realized the medium is a tad on the impractically small side and that you get the most for your money with the jumbo size (its about $300 more but you get ALOT more room with that extra $300). And you can forget about the small size since thats waaay too small...it has just enough room for a cell phone and you can forget about trying to fit a wallet in there. Ideally I wish Chanel would offer a large size that would be an intermediate between the jumbo and the medium but not every wish can come true so I'll just have to live with my jumbo :)

A word of warning...if you do plan on meeting the November 1st deadline, be careful if you buy it from Saks. The sneaky people there decided to be special and raised the prices last week!! If it hadn't been for that nice Korean SA at Saks, I probably would've been suckered into getting my bag at the hiked up rate. When my SA was getting me a fresh one from downstairs, the Korean SA told me that Neimans and Chanel still had my bag for the original price so when I confronted my SA about this little discrepancy, she had no choice but to sell me the purse without the price hike. Also FYI, only the original white, black, and beige (plus the white and black timeless clutches) will be increasing in prices. All the other seasonal colors will stay as is but they already come at a higher price then the classic colors so its still worth it to go for the original classic in the original colors. I know this may sound terribly complicated and technical but this is the kinda stuff we fashion lovers live for!! I also learned that the Chanel leather textures all have names! For example, my 2.55 is caviar leather due to the tiny bumps on the leather...this feature makes the bag easier to clean and less sensitive than say the soft leather on my Chanel Soft Chain :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS PURSE!!


Koreans are so awesome, haha.. ^__^

Unknown said...

after seeing ur purse, I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!! Out of ALL of ur purses, this is my FAVORITE!!!! GOOD JOB!!

cheeky_deb said...

congratulations!

Unknown said...

so purrrrteeee