Friday, October 19, 2007

The Ultimate Silver Shoes

DZ has been talking about silver shoes for months now so I decided to blog about my favorite silver shoes...the Manolo silver d'Orsay that gained notoriety when Carrie Bradshaw famously had them stolen at a party. These shoes are the perfect tone of silver with just the right amount of ornamentation...I'm not a big fan of those bejeweled shoes running rampant nowadays. DZ, these would be great with the lavender dress you keep talking about and it really would work with most colors. These should be a must-have if you frequently attend formal events and parties. For me, I would probably wear them once in a blue moon since my life leans on the more casual side of things and I really don't have the guts to pull off the casual outfit Carried paired these with at the end of the episode. I totally felt for Carrie in this episode...just because certain people don't spend upwards of $500 on shoes does not give them the right to belittle those of us who do...I speak from personal experience and thinking back, I really should have said something but I also realize
its jealousy and insecurity that fuels this sort of rude behavior...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i was expecting a picture of a range rover, but to my surprise i see a manolo! hahaha

dude if i got $500 shoes stolen from me..... wow. i'd throw a fit. especially after my "friend" tells me not to worry about it...

cheeky_deb said...

those shoes are gorgeous...

Unknown said...

I saw this episode and got really paranoid about leaving my shoes when I went over to my friend's place especially because she had her garage door open. I finally went downtairs and hid my hair in her first floor bathroom.