Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mike and Chris (INSANE) Sample Sale

Hola! While I am currently fighting a ear infection and caring for my poor Libby who just underwent surgery, I still managed to find the time and energy for the M&C sample sale. I met up with SY and two of her friends at the downtown LA location early in the morning and will have to admit that I was one of those annoying girls who got to cut to the front of the line due to friends :( Oh well, get over it. Anyhoo, I never thought I would find a sale more insane than the BNY warehouse sale but boy oh boy, the M&C sample sale was absolutely INSANE. I think its mostly because they fit 100+ in a room as big as my living room :P As expected, it was a mad dash to get inside and every girl basically grabbed anything and everything that she possibly could. For example, I grabbed everything from medium to extra-small and grabbed doubles whenever I could just in case SY wanted anything. Since there was just too many people in such a small space, it was basically impossible to move. Most of the stuff I grabbed was from the first rack I ran to because by the time I was done with that rack, I was unable to get anywhere else. The four of us eventually reconvened and we were lucky enough to find a free mirror for us to monopolize :) We worked in pairs, two gals would try stuff on as the other two guarded the clothes and kept the "I want it" items safe. Of course no sample sale is complete without the barters who try to exchange their stuff with yours and the eager on-lookers who wait to devour your left overs. All in all, the M&C sale didn't offer me any to die for items and nothing was dirt cheap but I did manage to get my hands on a one-of-a-kind vest that M&C designed but ended up never producing...I have the original sample that was made!!! The picture above is my one regret...I had originally grabbed this dress in peach pink but tossed it out only later to discover that its actually super cute cus my cashier was wearing it...if you do go, please look for the MARCUS MINI DRESS IN ANY COLOR AND I'LL TAKE AN XS OR S!!!! Thanks ahead of time :)

PS: If you do decide to go next year, please take my advice and go on the second day since you will be able to shop in peace and the smaller the crowd, the more willing the staff will be to pull stuff in your size from their hidden stock in the back :) Oh and if you go on the last day, you just might be able to get stuff at cheaper prices than the early birds since by that time, they'll kinda be on the desperate side! And one last thing, if you really must go on the first day and you'll my size or smaller, don't bother grabbing the mediums since they are WAAY big.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Good words.