Monday, October 1, 2007

Adventures at Rodeo

Due to sheer exhaustion last night, I only had the time and energy to post two of the prettier packages that I got yesterday. If you're curious, the pretty YSL box is the large logo belt that I got for myself and the Ferragamo bag is the wallet that I got for Kent. I decided to go with the large logo belt since it stands out way more than the small version that I had posted in an earlier blog. Mine is black leather (not patent like this picture) with the gold YSL logo. This belt is sure to dress up anything from jeans to simple black dresses :)

And since my 2 year anniversary is coming up with Kent, I decided to give his wallet a much needed upgrade. When I first met Kent, he didn't really use wallets so for our first Christmas, I got him a simple Cole Haan card carrier. Now that that poor thing has been worn to its limits, this pretty Ferragamo is here to save the day. I hope Kent won't mind the fact that theres only limited card slots because as the SA told us, you can stuff the hidden compartments with cards as well. This was such a easy gift to get since it comes already wrapped and I'm pretty sure Kent will get a lot of use out of it (unlike the coupon box that I made for him last year...)!!!

In my dad's perfect world, I would have called it a day right then and there but hey, how can I say no to YSL platforms?! As you all know, I have been looking high and low for those damn YSL Maryjane Tribute platforms so of course I had to poke my head into the YSL boutique to see if they had any in stock. You know what's insane?? According to the YSL SA, YSL themselves never ordered those Maryjanes in black suede (which means Barney's is the only place that did)...they only have them in red, purple, and leopard. I knew I couldn't pull off the purple or leopard so I decided to try on the red and also the shoes you see to your left. As it turns out, the red is way too loud for my style and I ended up buying these funky platforms instead. The picture isn't the greatest but deal with it cus its the only one I could find. These sexy shoes measure in at 5.5 inches and wins the award for the tallest shoes that I own. I'm a little hesitant to wear them to work since I don't want everyone looking at me and wondering why I'm wearing stripper shoes but I think I can pull it off as long as I pair it up with a classy dress :)
Check back later as I still have to blog about the Tbag sale and Intermix...yes this was all in one day...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay, you finally got ur YSL belt & platforms!! hurry up and wear both to work soon!

Unknown said...

okay nevermind you wore the shoes today!